Wednesday, January 14, 2009

California Christmas Rewind...Mommy's Dress

It was another really warm day in San Diego, and of course, I didn't think to pack some warm weather clothes for Hannah, so I raided Mom's closet and found some old dresses that I used to wear as a child. This dress in particular was one that Mom had made for me when I was about 3 years old. Hannah loved the little pink flowers on it, and willingly put it on (not something that happens very often. My child is quite the "pants and shirt" kind of girl - though not necessarily a tom-boy).

I took her outside to play with Daisy puppy in the leaves. She had a blast.
Cute Daisy puppy - this was the only non-blurry image I got of her. For a little 2 lb-nothing puppy, she sure can move fast.
Playing "Hide and go seek". She is counting against the tree.
The red color on her face is the reflection of the red leaves on the ground. I should have used my fill flash, but I wasn't thinking about that. Only thinking about how cute my daughter looked in my old dress.
The dress, complete with the little bonnet that goes with it. i have a picture very similar to this one. I'll have to dig it out of the photo box (seriously...a box full of photos...the size of a large moving box - Hmmm...make this New Years Resolution #4 - go through photo box with mom), scan it and post it the next time I am in San Diego.
She was done with the bonnet when I snapped this picture. I like it. You can't really tell that in the next second she was red-faced and angry because she couldn't untie the bow. (insert wicked mommy laugh here).

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I remember you in that dress! I'm sure I have a picture of you in that dress. But, I don't have all my old photos with me. Sorry. If you don't find it, I will look when I am home in the summer.