Wednesday, January 14, 2009

California Christmas Rewind...San Diego Wild Animal Park

Let me preface this post by saying, "I'm lame. I know I am." Why? because I didn't take my camera to the Wild Animal Park. I should have. I know I should have. But Daddy had the video camera, and to be honest, by this time, I was done taking pictures. So there are no awesome pictures of my child feeding a giraffe, or staring down a lion. Instead, you get pictures of art that we created while there.

Art? Yes. Art. And very cool art at that. What kind of art?

Hand print art.

Our family of elephants (Hannah's, Mine and Michael's) that will be going up in Hannah's big girl ladybug room. Ya okay. Ladybugs and elephants don't really "go" together. But if you look closely, you can see a small ladybug that they painted on Hannah's elephant's trunk. You might not be able to see it in this low resolution image. Sorry. It is there. I promise.
Hannah's Zebra for Nana & Papa
Hannah's Giraffe for Grandma & Grandpa.

I'm sooo going to teach myself how to do this so that I can go to Hannah's daycare and do it for all of the kids there. What an awesome idea. Totally worth the $100. (well, not really, but Hannah loves to get her hands covered in paint, and we love to watch Hannah have a good time).

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Those are adorable. Yes, worth the $100. Trust me, when your daughters hands are bigger than yours, you would pay 10 times that to have them back!